Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Welcome to my Journey!

So I'm starting a new blog, all about me.  I run/blog Wichita Welches which is all about our family and misc. stuff in my life. 

But for 6 months I have been trying to lose weight and I have done a wonderful job at maintaining my weight, but little weight loss. I run, but I also eat a lot.  I eat when I'm happy, sad, anxious, mad.  I make good choices some of the times, but not always.  And I wanted a blog that helps document my journey, because weight loss isn't a destination, it is a life long journey.

I do have one goal.  Today's starts my daughter's first day of 3rd grade.  My goal is to lose 40 pounds by the time the school year is over in 9 months.  May 23, 2014 will come no matter what I do so why not lose the weight?

Why do I want to lose weight?  Currently my BMI is 30.7.  Overweight, almost obese.  My blood pressure used to be 90/60.  Now it sits at 120/70.  Not horrible, but not great.  My blood sugar is normal, but why wait for it to get worse before doing something.  I love my parents, but I don't have skinny genes in my genetic pool.  I need to work hard to keep my weight in the normal range. 

I want to be healthier and fit into any type of clothes and not feel like I'm 6 months pregnant. 

So join me on my journey.  I'll keep it updated regularly and update my progress, my exercises and food regimens and what's works for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment