Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 22

Here's some thoughts about my journey so far.

1. It really does take three weeks to change habits. I feel like I'm in a routine again.

2. I haven't binged. I did eat an extra snack yesterday-pretzels.

3. For a couple weeks, I've been eating a really big lunch (Amy's frozen meal, carrots, guac or salsa, fruit and sometimes a hard boiled egg or dessert) which carries me well into evening time. I thought yesterday I'd try my old way (frozen meal and fruit) to see if there was a difference and it was HUGE! I was hungry off and on all afternoon and then while cooking supper I snacked. So I will be back to a huge lunch again.

4. I'm looking for patterns in weight loss. This week I lost 0.6 pounds. So I went back to see what could have happened. I am going to see if exercising more while eating a little more works better than eating less and exercising less. I'll get back to you on this.

5. I skipped a run Thursday. I thought I needed to sleep in. BIG MISTAKE. I was grumpy all day. I couldn't shake it.

6. As I said above, I'm in a routine. And one of those things is not craving sugar all the time. But as I had dessert yesterday and Thursday, I realize I need to be careful of this. It's easy to flip back into the "I need sugar" mode.

That's all for now.


- Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment