Friday, April 25, 2014

170 Days

Okay, I've fallen off the wagon again.  It started after Christmas.  I had lost 10 pounds and then over the holidays, gained back 7.  And then I got tired of counting points and obsessing about my weight so I quit.  I have done well about not binging or excessively overeating.  And my weight has been stable.
But...this isn't where I want to be.  I want to run faster so I can do long runs and it doesn't take ALL morning.  I want to keep up with my running friends.  I want to have more endurance when I run or do a hard workout.  I want to feel healthier.  I want to beat my 1/2 marathon time of 2:30:35. 

So...I have 170 days until the Prairie Fire 1/2 marathon on October 12, 2014.  That's three weeks before my 40th birthday.  My goal: to lose as much weight as possible (30-35 pounds) and gain muscle.  To do this I need to:

1. EAT HEALTHY.  I may eat healthy most of the time, but I eat too much.  And I could use a diet clean up.

2. EXERCISE CONSISTENTLY.  The consistently part is what I struggle with.  Life is unpredictable.  For example, I was going to exercise this morning.  But last night, Jeff came home from teaching and wanted to tell me all about the field trip he went on with L's class.  So I was up until 11 pm and I couldn't get my butt of out bed.  I need to come up with alternative plans.  For today, my plan is to exercise when I get home.  Take L and the pups out for a 30 minute walk. 

3. DEVOTE MYSELF TO THIS JOURNEY.  I have to stay on this journey.  I quit time after time and I'm tired of restarting.  I found this quote this morning and thought it was perfect:
  
                                COMMITMENT MEANS STAYING LOYAL TO WHAT YOU SAID
                              YOU WERE GOING TO DO LONG AFTER THE MOOD YOU SAID
                              IT IN HAS LEFT YOU.  
I am COMMITTED.  I will do this.  And you get to be a part of my journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment